-
August 13th, 2004, 04:23 PM
#1
Inactive Member
Hey everybody,
Finally got my 3 unopened rolls of Kodachrome film from BH Video today.
This may be a dumb question but I wanna make sure I do this right...
How do I load the cartridge?
Any step by step procedures?
Thanks, Jason
-
August 13th, 2004, 04:43 PM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
There are few things in life easier than loading a Super-8 cartridge! It's easier than loading any other camera I've ever owned including the DV camera we have.
Most cameras are side loaders. You pop open the door, orient the cartridge so the film is headed toward the gate with the label facing up, line up the little centering peg in the cartridge and shove down of the back end of the cartridge until it locks in.
There is no way to get the cartridge in wrong without using potentially lethal force!
I've never loaded a backloader but I'm betting you just orient the cartridge right side up and film side forward, slide it in and then close the door behind it.
The Super-8 system has a number of drawbacks associated with the cartridge (difficulty in backwinding, potential jitter, a wimpy pressure plate), but in the heat of battle it is very easy to change cartridges.
It is also the easiest format I know of as far as changing film mid roll is concerned. The only consideration is you have to note the reading on the film counter before you remove the film or that information will be lost. Also unless you are OK with about a half a second of lost footage due to the film being exposed to light, you have to do the swap in the dark and store the film in the dark.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks